Sunday, July 5, 2009

Mac MIA

My mac has sort of died on me recently, which has kept me from posting my recent customers, as well as some other work.
In the meantime, I have been painting again and am almost done with one piece, which I'll be able to share, once the machine is up and running again.

A couple of pet peeves, or more like frustrations have crept up recently, which include:

Going out to buy clothing, finding a great piece, only to find that it's made out of Polyester. I can't stand wearing that plastic. My skin screams for air.

The bus waiting for people who are late, and who don't even bother walking a little faster to get to the bus. Yes majesty, the bus and all of us all wait on you.

And going grocery shopping, trying to find basic products that don't contain High Fructose Corn Syrup. Who knew I would get so much reading done at a supermarket.




In the meantime I am reading this interesting books. I'm still in the beginning pages of it, but it already makes me think about making life simpler, especially living here, close to New York, a very fast paced environment.


2 comments:

Angeline said...

It's amazing how many products have High Fructose Corn Syrup these days. I get excited when I find a lo-cal snack or drink, and then I look at the info, only to be disappointed by that very ingredient.

I wish I could just stick to fresh food, but El Paso doesn't have a lot of "fresh" market-type places, unless you're willing to drive half an hour, and pay large amounts of money for so-so products. How I wish we had big city options!

Izabella said...

Sorry to hear about the HFCS. I think the more people reject it, the more companies will realize that they are losing money substituting sugar with this cheaper stuff. This may take time.