Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Chelsea Galleries - Laurent Dauptain

This work by Laurent Dauptain was displayed at the same gallerie as Brian Keith Stephens's, at the Axelle Fine Arts.
Once again my photos don't give the work justice. The pieces are quite large and I like the close up especially of the body and the hat. The hat would make a great piece to hang in the living room. It would definitely be suited more for a space with high ceilings.

Generally I should pay more attention to the size and names of the pieces, but there is something just inspiring and relaxing of going from gallery to gallery and enjoying the pieces just hanging there. Just them being there, without the analysis or guide as to what it is ( such as the title) from the artist or anyone else.





2 comments:

Angeline said...

I like the hat piece as well--there is something dramatic about the lines and shadows. Also, I'm the same way about viewing work...sometimes I think the impact is lost in the explanation or title.

MEADE DESIGN GROUP said...

Amazing Pieces! I really like the subtle strength in these pieces.